If you’re hosting family this season, chances are you’re spending an incredible amount of time and effort creating delicious foods, an inviting atmosphere and ambience your guests aren’t soon to forget. The holiday season can be stressful and overwhelming for even the most seasoned host, which is why we’re making your life just a tiny bit easier with some tips and inspiration for achieving the perfect table setting to complement your many other efforts this holiday season.
If you already have a generic tablescape on your table, there are some easy ways to adjust them for the holidays. For example, you can:
- Replace current floral arrangements with seasonal poinsettias or seasonal floral arrangements
- Change regular candles for candles in holiday colours and fragrances
- Add holiday-themed decorations at the base of candles and floral arrangements, such as pine branches, ornaments, or other festive décor
- Remove table setting items and replace them with nativity scenes, winter wonderland scenery, or other holiday collections you may have
Alternatively, making your own tablescape from start to finish can be a fun DIY project, or a great place to splurge. When making your own tablescape, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Combine multiple textures for interesting pieces, such as textured vases with flowers, decorative orbs and branches in glass vases for centerpieces, etc.
- Arrange items in various heights, but ensure items aren’t directly between guests who are seated across from each other, as this can hinder conversation.
- Ensure no more than 1/3 of your table surface space is covered, so guests are still able to use the space for drinks and other necessities.
Now that you’ve got some tips to work with, let’s check out some tablescapes doing it right.