If you’re planning on hosting a winter event this year, guest comfort is an important thing to consider. Winter events pose their own unique challenges with changing weather, slippery road conditions, visibility issues, and layers upon layers of clothing. Here are some ways to ensure your guests are taken care of and your event is stress-free.
1. Keep taps running – even just dripping slightly – to prevent pipes from freezing.
2. Keep mops on hand to ensure excess water and snow brought in from outside is cleaned up upon guest arrival. Ensure to put up ‘Wet Floor’ signs.
3. Keep winter supplies on hand, including extra windshield scrapers, washer fluid, and salt for parking lots, driveways, stairs, and sidewalks.
4. Have a supply kit with flashlights, phone chargers, blankets, canned food, and water in the event of a severe winter storm or power outage.
5. Prior to the arrival of guests, ensure the heat is adjusted and extra heating methods are utilized in areas that are prone to draft (opening and closing doors, etc).
6. Ensure a coat check room is available.
7. Place boxes of tissue in rest rooms and meeting rooms.
8. Offer hot beverages to guests upon arrival.
9. Cover the most important items in the agenda early in the event you have to end early.
10. If severe winter weather is forecasted for a time your event is scheduled, consider postponing or cancel the event so as not to risk participant safety.
What will you be doing to ensure your guests are comfortable at your winter event this year? Let us know by leaving us a comment below!