Fall is here, whether you like it or not. None of us really want to say goodbye to summer, but we do not really have a choice in the matter. To ease those summer blues and have something to get excited about in fall, we put together this collection of boozy fall drinks and cocktails. Once you are sipping on some Spiced Pumpkin Punch, you will forget all about those long, hot evenings and get ready for changing leave and sweater weather!
The Bourbon Bomber
- 7 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 1/2 cups bourbon
- 2 1/2 cups ice
- 5 tbsp. agave nectar
- 2 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 2 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 5 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- 10 drops bitters
- knob of ginger, grated (about 2 tbsp.)
- rosemary sprigs, for garnish
1. Using a cocktail shaker, add a few ice cubes, 1/4 cup bourbon, 3/4 cup apple cider, 1/2 tbsp. agave nectar, 1/2 tbsp. all spice, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg and a pinch of grated ginger. Shake really well.
2. Using a strainer, strain the drink over an ice-filled rock glass. Top each drink with a drop of bitters and a rosemary sprig.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups dark rum
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon honey
1. Pour the water, cider and rum into a kettle or saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. While your brew is brewing, combine the butter, pumpkin spice seasoning, vanilla extract and honey in a small bowl.
3. Divide brew and butter into 4 pretty cups or mugs. Add a cinnamon stick and serve.
Pumpkin Beer Float
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 bottle (12 oz) pumpkin beer (1 1/2 cups)
1. In each of 2 drinking glasses, place 1 scoop vanilla and 1 scoop chocolate ice cream. Pour pumpkin beer over ice cream.
Apple and Pear White Sangria
- 1 bottle Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup lemon liqueur (I used Caravella)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from two lemons)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 can (12 ounces) seltzer
1. Combine wine, lemon liqueur, lemon zest, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice, apple slices, and pear slices and mix well. Place pitcher in refrigerator for 4 hours to chill and allow flavors to blend. Just before serving, top sangria off with seltzer.
What are your favourite cocktails for this time of year? Let us know with a comment below!