When it comes to sourcing the perfect event venue, here are some tips and tricks to help ease the process!
1. Know your meeting objectives and requirements. You need to start strong and by determining these at the outset, you’ll decrease the search process.
2. Don’t feel alone! Reach out to your team, or others that have a stake in the event to brainstorm what factors are most important.
3. Get detailed! Give as much information about the event as you can.
4. No one likes to discuss money, but you need to share your budget requirements. The venue is one of the largest costs of an event and can make or break your budget.
5. Make your deadlines clear. Give a date and time that provide venues enough time to respond.
- Create a spreadsheet to assess proposals
- Create a list of any factors that are less concrete – your qualitative factors
- Pay close attention to meeting rooms – do the sizes and layouts make sense for your event?
- Compare how responsive and helpful the venues are to help figure out how helpful they’ll be if you choose them.
Next? Go on some site visits! You should be in great shape at this point. You have proposals, you know that the spaces you’re looking at are within budget and have the spaces you need, now you can look in person.