Being an event planner doesn’t require a fancy office, full team of people, or pre-existing clients. Many professional event planners get started by working from home, promoting their services online or via word-of-mouth, and many entrepreneurs who work for themselves enjoy the freedom that working from home offers them.
Here are some tips to consider when starting a home-based event business.
- Brainstorming ideas so you know what type of events you want to plan
- How to create a plan and map out your goals
- What resources you need to get started
- Discover how to secure and register your business name and URL
- Decide which social media platforms are best for your business
- Decide if business cards are right for you, and how to design them
- Learn why a launch party is a great promotional tool for your event
- Understand how to choose a niche market
- Know how to determine your pricing
- Understand the difference between benefits and features and why they’re important to setting yourself apart in the marketplace
What other tips would you give to someone looking to start an event business from home? Let us know by adding a comment below!