The last thing you need to worry about on your big day is forgetting a key detail, so we’ve composed this comprehensive wedding checklist to help with the planning of your big day!
16-9 Months Before
- Start a wedding binder for inspiration.
- Sit down and figure out your budget based on your own contributions as well as your families’.
- Decide on who you want to be in your wedding party.
- Start creating the guest list – this is a necessity for items further on the list.
- If you so choose, hire a wedding planner.
- Reserve your date and pick out/book a wedding venue.
- Book your officiant.
- Research photographers, DJs, florists, caterers, and wedding cake designers.
- If you so choose, throw an engagement party.
8 Months Before
- Hire the photographer and videographer.
- If you’re planning on having entertainment, book them.
- Meet with your caterers.
- Say ‘yes’ to the dress!
- Reserve a hotel room block for guests coming from out of town.
- Register for bridal shower and wedding gifts.
- If you so choose, create a wedding website to document your progress and any important info.
- 7-6 Months Before
- Select and purchase wedding invitations.
- Start planning your honeymoon.
- Shop for bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Meet with your officiant
- Send out save-the-date cards or emails.
- Book a florist.
- Arrange your transportation.
- Create a ‘day-of’ timeline.
5-4 Months Before
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal-dinner venues.
- Approve wedding invitations.
- Choose and order a wedding cake.
- Provide the host of your shower with your guest list.
- Purchase shoes for your wedding and begin dress fittings.
- Choose and schedule hair and makeup artists.
- Choose the music for your wedding day.
3 Months Before
- Finalize the menu and flower arrangements.
- Order wedding favors.
- Decide who will be giving speeches.
- Finalize the readings, if applicable.
- Finalize the order of the ceremony and reception.
- Print menu cards, name places, and programs.
- Purchase your rings.
- Send your event schedule to your vendors.
2 Months Before
- Touch base with all vendors and ensure all questions have been answered.
- Meet with your photographer.
- Review the playlist with your DJ.
- Send out your wedding invitations.
- Submit a newspaper wedding announcement.
- Have your Stag and Doe.
1 Month Before
- Enter RSVPs into your guest-list database.
- Get your marriage license.
- Mail the rehearsal dinner invitations.
- Last dress fitting.
- Using RSVPs, order alcohol for the event accordingly.
- Provide final payments.
- Confirm times for hair and makeup and additional vendors.
- Provide directions to drivers of transport vehicles.
- Create a seating map.
- Purchase wedding party gifts.
- Write vows, if applicable.
During the Week Of
- Delegate wedding day tasks.
- Send a timeline to the bridal party.
- Pick up your wedding dress.
- Check in one last time with your photographer and videographer.
- Set aside checks for vendors with tips in envelopes.
- Send your guest list to the caterer and wedding venue.
- Select undergarments for the wedding day.
- Break in your shoes.
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.